Mount Temple Comprehensive School
All participants must have their own gum shield, shin pads and hockey stick at each session. Hockey sticks should be clearly labelled with the owner’s name. Participants must have shin pads on prior to entering the pitch area. No kit bags will be permitted in the pitch area. Water bottles are encouraged but again must be clearly labelled with the participant’s name.
As part of our COVID-19 protocols as guided by Hockey Ireland and Sport Ireland, there will be three staggered sessions each Sunday.
Session times are as below:
- 10.45-11.45am 5th class girls, 6th class girls
- 12pm-12.45pm Junior & senior infants
- 12pm-1pm 1st & 2nd class girls, 3rd & 4th class girls
- 1pm-2pm 5th & 6th class boys, 1st-4th class boys
1st-4th year girls & boys: Fridays 5.45pm-7pm, 6.45pm-8pm. Slots to be confirmed.
5th and 6th year girls: Mondays 6.45pm to 8pm
Registration is now open for the youth section via the club’s website registration page. Participants must be registered in order to attend a Sunday session. Due to COVID restrictions, we are unable to allow participants in any session without prior registration.
Registration will be open from now until Friday 9th September. This is to allow for the pre-planning of group pods and to give sufficient time to notify parents/guardians of specific arrangements for each group before the first sessions (Friday 17th, Sunday 19th and Monday 20th September).
Please note, due to COVID restrictions, we may need to close registration before this date should we reach the maximum numbers permitted within an age group/groups. Should this occur we will notify club members and parents/guardians of youth members, via our mailing lists and social media platforms.
Please familiarise yourself with our club policies
1st Child – €125
2nd and subsequent children – €100 each
Please note that when completing registration; only click ‘Yes’ to “Have you already registered a Youth Member” if you have filled out this form and paid for a child already. This should be clicked ‘No’ if you have only “pre-registered” your child or not filled any prior form out/made payment.
Director of Youth Hockey
Calling Parents For Help
COVID 19 – Sport Ireland Course
We would ask that all parents/guardians take the time to complete the two Sports Ireland COVID-19 courses https://www.sportireland.ie/covid19/course.
After successfully completing the two courses, which should take no more than 30 minutes in total, we would ask that you forward your certificate to email@example.com. It is hugely important that we have parental volunteers to take on the roles of COVID supervisors for each group’s session. This role cannot be undertaken by anyone who is on the pitch coaching.
The role is not onerous but is vital to ensure the safe running of each session. The duties will include;
- Arriving 15 minutes prior to the session
- Checking that each participant that arrives has filled in the health declaration form prior to arriving at the session
- Marking an attendance roll
- Ensuring all players and coaches sanitise at the registration/sanitising station before entering the pitch
- Reminding players/coaches to social distance during rest periods of sessions
- Reminding parents/guardians not to stand around or enter the pitch area
- Ensure all players/coaches sanitise at the end of the session
- Oversee the collection of each participant at the end of the session
If you are willing to help out with this role can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your child’s name and age group.
All our volunteers have been Garda Vetted